There’s another awesome charity couponer in the area— Miami on a Dime! Check out what Alex was able to score for the Miami Rescue Mission this week– I am so inspired. Thanks Miami on a Dime!
Want to donate some toys to a local drive this holiday and get more bang for your buck? Check out this deal (coupon expires 10/31 so act fast!)
5 dollars off Transformers Toy Coupon
Target has these toys for 6.99-7.99. So it’s an inexpensive purchase that will make someone happy this holiday season!
Thanks My Frugal Adventures!
Food banks always need peanut butter! This week (10/20-10/26) at Publix you can snag some at a low price for your local community pantry.
Skippy Peanut Butter 15 to 16.3 oz, $1.99
Save 1 dollar with coupon from Better Eating, Better Savings
Total price: 99 cents!
Thanks I heart Publix!
Shelters and food pantries need feminine products, too– and it’s something that most people forget about when it’s donation time. Pick up some for FREE this week at Walgreens for your local women’s shelter, etc.
W Ultra Thin Maxi Pads 18 pk – $2.00
Buy 1, Get $2 Register Reward (limit 1)
Final Price: FREE
Thanks to I Heart Publix for the information on the sales at Publix starting 9/29!
I am not an extreme couponer by far, so you might do even better. Always make sure to check the coupon policies at your local stores. Here’s what I’m going to get at my local Publix this week:
- Nestle Carnation Evaporated Milk: BOGO for $1.36: Use (2) .50 cent coupons, one counts for each can. Save 1 dollar, spend .36 cents = each can costs .18 cents instead of the normal price of $1.36! I’m only spending .36 where paying full price would be 2.72.
- Ragu spaghetti sauce: BOGO for 2.19. Use (1) $1 coupon off of 2 jars. Save 1 dollar, spend 1.19 = each jar costs about .60 cents. I’m only spending 1.19 where paying full price would be 4.38.
Total so far: $1.55 spent for $7.10 worth of food!
Here’s my blog about how I’m contributing to my local food bank through couponing!
A few things about me and my strategies:
- I pretty much only shop at Publix.
- I live in South Florida, and my Publix accepts Target, Whole Foods, Doris’s Italian Market, and Winn-Dixie coupons.
- I’m planning on supplementing my donations with produce grown in my own tropical garden– we planted our garden in September and harvest in the winter. I love garden photos too, so you’ll have to put up with those in addition to couponing!